I have seen a lot of photos of our old house in California lately. I miss it. I miss the four bedrooms, the big kitchen with the family room attached. I miss the fireplace (especially now!) and my own little yard to grow things in. I can't even look at roses anymore, they vividly remind me of my own that grew nearly all year long, and were huge and fragrant and beautiful. And the pool. I know this summer I will really miss the pool. It has been six months since we left, and now someone else is enjoying the things I loved about it.
I feel sad about the way things have ended up, but I also feel a certain excitement about the future and the way things are slowly, but definitively, working out for us. I am grateful we could find a cheap place to live on campus, with free internet and local phone, and a big sledding hill with a playground ten feet from my back door. I am grateful to be together as a family unit again. I know that the Lord has been beside us through this journey, and when you are down the only way to go is up. We are on our way up.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know what you mean about living in colder climates. It must be a difficult adjustment. I know changes are never easy, but challenges always have a way of working themselves out. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys! Are you coming down for Christmas?? We're having a party at our house on Christmas Eve. If you're around and haven't already made plans, come on over!
We miss you terribly, but as long as your family is together all is good. And look at the wonderful memories your children are making. When they are grown they will tell their children of this time in their life and laugh about all the great adventures. Sending you a warm California hug!
ReplyDeleteI completely know how you feel! It is getting easier, though. I'm grateful for that! Glad you guys are doing well!
ReplyDelete