Thursday, October 8, 2009

Apples coming full circle






























I have always loved Grandma's garden. I remember the pink, purple, and white petunias on the front border with the strawberries just behind. I remember the peas in the middle and the raspberries in the back. There was a little wooden path that separated the garden from some fruit trees, and this path took us out to the big pasture out back.

I loved hunting in her garden for strawberries and peas. My cousins and I loved to grab the peas and eat them right out of the pod, right there in the garden, and then we would look for more. We also loved to eat the apples that had fallen off the tree. Some of my cousins had to have salt with them, but I loved them just as they were. I have no happier memories than the times I spent in Grandma's garden with my cousins.

We got to pick apples at Grandma's house this Fall. Grandma's garden is a lot smaller now. There aren't as many petunias or strawberries, and the wooden path is gone, but some things never change. My children loved Grandma's garden. I don't really remember these apple trees that we picked from, but it doesn't matter. My children had so much fun picking apples with their cousins and I know that these times, with their cousins, are going to be some of the happiest of their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment