Saturday, September 19, 2009

We're Moving Right Along




Do you know that song the Muppets sing? "We're moving right along". All I can remember is the chorus, but that is how I feel. Our life is finally moving.

Matt got accepted to the Bioregional Planning and Community Design Masters program at the University of Idaho. He started classes Aug. 24 and has enjoyed being in academia again. Matt is also involved in NASA - Native American Student Association, and he is excited to actively be learning about and interacting with his people. Things were finalized so late with school that we had trouble finding an affordable place to live, but we have been blessed to find a 3-bedroom unit in student housing at the University. We are moving there October 10. Matt has been coming home every two weekends - it is not enough and we are excited to be together as a family.

Many people know I have had joys and struggles living in Idaho again. I told Matt today that I feel like I am living in Oz - things (mostly people) are so different in Idaho. It is also no secret that I feel like my children have regressed to the Dark Ages with regard to their education here. Joey is bored and is doing the same work he did in kindergarten, Tucker (my GATE kid) is getting some D's and F's (that will be a totally different blog if I ever write about it) and Matthew, my rock, is doing well. However, on the same side, the boys have loved attending school with their cousins, and I feel that have been accepted at school and church. They have made many new friends and I am grateful. They have both played Grid Kid football and it has been a difficult but good experience for both of them.

I have really enjoyed being with family and living in the country. It has been very peaceful listening to the sprinklers, crickets, and frogs at night instead of the jambalaya of music in Quail Valley Estates. I have enjoyed going out to lunch with my sisters and visiting with them much more than I ever did before.

With all of this joy, I know that my family needs to be together and that means supporting Matt as he works on his degree. We are heading in the right direction and "moving right along". We have seen many miracles happen for us, many things have just worked out. I have seen the Lord's hand in my life and I am so grateful.

A picture of Tucker, he made his hair crazy for spirit week.

A picture of my sister Amber. She took this picture of herself with my camera and I figure if she is dumb enough to leave the picture on my camera, than putting her on this blog is fair game.

A picture of Eva at a football game. She is loving posing for the camera.

A picture of one of the boys at their football game. It has been a beautiful fall for watching football games in the evening. The skies have been clear, the trees, brilliant green as the sun sets, and the river behind us has not produced mosquitoes - go figure!

2 comments:

  1. Jana - As much your "California Family" loves and misses the Jensens, it sounds like this all happened for a very good reason. It's wonderful that your children have had a chance to reconnect and create priceless memories with their cousins and you with your sisters. I am so glad to hear that fantastic things are happening to you guys in this next step of your adventure. And tell Matt that the Scouting program is doing great. He left a great framework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me giggle!!! Thanks for the picture! I know there were much worse ones you could have choose from!!!

    ReplyDelete