Thursday, July 16, 2009

Life in Idaho




I wanted to post some pictures of my parent's house in Firth, Idaho. There has been so much rain this spring that the hills are greener than normal.

It has been beautiful here. Perfect summer days and nights with beautiful sunsets. There are lots of baby kittens to play with and most of the neighbors have horses we get to watch. It has been very therapeutic to be surrounded by trees and nature. It has been a good healing place.

We have enjoyed the church here very much and it has been fun to catch up with people I went to high school with. We have also met so many wonderful new people.

I am posting one picture of my parent's garden. Mary, I know you especially will love it. I am also posting a picture of Joey and Eva on the tire swing. There is also a picture of Eva with a baby kitten. We are enjoying it here immensely.

We found out on Monday, July 13 that Matt DID get accepted to the University of Idaho in Moscow, about 10 hours away from here. There are still many things we don't know but we are hoping he will start in August. I am not sure when the rest of us will be in Moscow with him -

We love you all our dear friends. I am glad that life moves on but we miss all our wonderful friends in California!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for Matt. And as a grandma, I know your parents must be relishing the precious time they are getting to spend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful there. Reminds me of summers in Colorado. I am glad that you are having a great time. Good look on the next step in your life.

    ReplyDelete